MECHANICAL TV, LED DRIVER SCHEMATIC
Above is the schematic diagram. If your CD player
has an isolated output, the input capacitor may not be necessary.
with Radio Shack part numbers
♦ CAUTION. Unless you're an experienced designer, make no
substitutes for the parts below. Substitute parts cause malfunctions and
damage. In transistor circuits, resistors affect both the circuit operating point
and circuit gain. Transistors and Darlingtons aren't commodity components. Each
type is different. Variation within a type is common. Take heed of specifications,
tolerances and datasheets.
- C1 = 0.1 uF, 50 V, metal film or ceramic capacitor (not electrolytic), 272-135
- R1 = 10K, 1/4 W, resistor, 271-1335
- R2 = 150K, 1/4 W, resistor, p/o 271-312
- R3 = 5.6K, 1/4 W, resistor, p/o 271-312
- Q1 = 2N3906, MPS2907 or equivalent, PNP transistor, 276-2023
- Q2 = TIP120, NPN Darlington compound, 276-2068
- Perfboard, bus wire, hookup wire, 12-volt, 1-amp power supply
Make three, identical LED strings (4-LEDs per string) from these parts...
- D1-12= Orange LED, 2.2V @ 20 mA with 50 mA peak; 500mCd, minimum. (No direct Radio Shack
equivalent.) If you have a full wallet, 276-306 might work. It's orange, and pricey.)
- R4-6 = 150 ohm, 1/2 W, resistor, 271-1109
Go to Page: